Bookmobile Stop Guidelines
Bookmobile Mission Statement
The library provides mobile outreach services to communities who have limited access to established libraries.
Due to limited staffing, operating hours, and budget constraints, the bookmobile cannot visit all areas of potential need. The following criteria are typically used to select bookmobile stops.
Bookmobile Service priorities:
- Outlying communities with limited access to an established library.
- Senior/Care/Youth facilities.
- Community Events.
All bookmobile stops must :
- Be within the Corvallis-Benton County Service Area.
- Easily integrate into the existing schedule.
- Provide a parking area that is suitable for the vehicle and allows safe access for patrons.
Stops are evaluated in an ongoing basis. The library reserves the right to cancel/change/move a stop at any point if it feels the arrangement is not the best use of library resources.
Factors used in evaluating stop locations or times:
- How many patrons access the service on a consistent basis.
- Circulation of materials per stop.
- Consistent return of library materials in good condition.
- Proximity to other mobile stops and traditional library service.
The bookmobile operates on three schedules throughout the year:
- Winter/Spring: January 1 –May 31
- Summer Schedule: June 1- August 31
- Fall Schedule: September 1- December 31
New weekly stops can be established at the beginning of one of these time periods.
Please contact the Extensions Services department at 541-766-6792 if you have any questions.