Maintaining mental health during the COVID-19 outbreak can be difficult, especially while we keep our distance from friends and loved ones.
Below is a list of online mental health support resources shared by the Community Health Centers of Benton and Linn Counties that may be helpful to boost social and mental health support, and keep people engaged in programs of recovery.
The Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley has also shared a collection of “practices, resources, and articles for individuals, parents, educators, and health care professionals facing COVID-19.”
Contact your doctor, mental health provider, or Benton County Behavioral Health if you are experiencing a mental health crisis.
Free Online Yoga & Meditation
- Namaspa Yoga Community Support (all free)
- Free audio meditations from Live Well Studio in Corvallis
Free Online Depression & Anxiety Support Groups
- 7 Cups of Tea website: mainly provides support to people who are suffering from emotional stress or anxiety disorder by connecting those participants with trained listeners.
- The Tribe: a peer-to-peer online support group, and an option for those who are coping with their extreme stress and fear associated with numerous anxiety disorders. Their wellness tools include mood mapping, friendly reminder, kudos sending, a wellness tracker and more.
- Daily Strength website and Daily Strength Facebook page : a division of Sharecare. It serves as a social network centered on online support groups. Here participants provide each other emotional support and discuss emotional struggles. This website is associated with some online communities around specific medical conditions.
- Turn 2 Me , an online support group that generally deals with mental health issues such as depression, stress management, suicidal thoughts and feelings, anxiety and many more. It was founded by Scollard brothers Oisin and Diarmuid, to create a webspace in which people can share, discuss their personal problems and find immediate support and get important information.
- Anxiety Social Net: a free online support group especially for social anxiety sufferers. Participants can share their personal problems, thoughts, fears, struggles with active listeners. It provides other facilities such as live chat, personal diary, Q&A, and space to share media and blogs.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) online support group: a specialized peer-to-peer online anxiety support group with more than 20,000 subscribers from all over the world. It is a safe, supportive and friendly space for the sufferers and their families to share their personal information and experience.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) support group: a safe and secure place with peer-led groups for depression and bipolar disorder sufferers to share their experiences and discuss their coping skills.
Free Substance Use Disorder Recovery Meetings
- SMART Recovery: Self-Management And Recovery Training (SMART) is a global community of mutual-support groups. At meetings, participants help one another resolve problems with any addiction (to drugs or alcohol or to activities such as gambling or over-eating). Participants find and develop the power within themselves to change and lead fulfilling and balanced lives guided by a science-based and sensible 4-point program. Registration is needed to maintain privacy of group members.
- 12 Step Programs: The meetings for 12 step groups originally took place (and still do) in physical buildings. Over the years, the meeting venues have expanded to also include online meetings or tele-meetings (meetings on a shared phone line). The online meetings may take place using different means of communications like text-only chat, voice or video. There is also 24/7 chat available to support immediate needs of individuals who are in distress, at risk for relapse or struggling with sobriety.
Free Online Resources for Social Needs in Central Oregon
- Pandemic Partners Facebook Group: for the Bend, Redmond, Prineville and Madras areas. Request assistance with grocery shopping, essential errands, legal help, childcare etc. via Facebook.