Corvallis Library Storytime Schedule:
- Monday: Family Storytime, 7:00 p.m., storytime for children of all ages
- Tuesday: Infant Storytime, 10:30 a.m., storytime for children 0-12 months old
- Wednesday: Wobbler Storytime, 10:30 a.m., storytime for children 1-2 years old
- Thursday: Toddler Stortyime, 10:30 a.m., storytime for children 2-3 years old
- Friday: Preschool Storytime, 10:30 a.m., storytime for children 3-5 years old
- 1st Saturdays: Saturday Stories, 10:30 a.m., storytime for children of all ages
- 2nd Saturdays: ¡los CUENTOS!, 10:30 a.m., bilingual storytime for children of all ages
Space in the storytime room is limited. Free tickets will be available in the Youth area starting at 10am.
Join us for Storytime!
Storytimes are approximately one-half hour long and are filled with stories, songs, fingerplays, and movement designed for infants, wobblers, toddlers, or preschoolers. The goal of storytime is to promote the joy of shared reading, the benefits of early literacy, and the importance of the caregiver-child connection. Storytime is a fun, interactive, language-rich program designed especially by our youth services librarians to help young children build the skills they’ll need when they learn to read. The youth services librarians plan each storytime based on research and best-practices developed by the Every Child Ready to Read program from the Public Library Association and the Association for Library Service to Children. Every Child Ready to Read involves proven practices in five areas for helping build a positive foundation for learning to read: talking, singing, reading, writing, and playing.
Storytime is offered year-round as a drop-in program: first come, first served. Space is limited due to the room capacity and to provide a positive, safe environment for all. Children must be accompanied by a grown-up. Many lasting friendships start at storytime! Join us!
Early Literacy Program Evaluation – tell us what you think!