If you live, work, or go to school in the Library’s service district, you can sign up here for an E-card that grants you access to all of our services and materials while the library building is closed. In moments, you’ll be able to read a book on OverDrive, watch a movie on Kanopy, or place a hold on library materials.
- The form below requires your name, phone, email, location and a four digit PIN for your account – all of the fields with asterisks ( * ).
- There is no need to include your birthdate or gender.
- Be sure to check “Send a confirmation e-mail” to ensure you have a copy of your E-Card number for safe keeping.
- You will immediately receive your E-Card number (starting with the text OBR) for access to our online resources.
These E-Cards are good for 2 years. Once the library reopens, you can visit any Corvallis-Benton County Public Library branch (bring ID and proof of address) and convert your E-Card to a physical library card. You can also get a library card at our walk-up hours.
More About Your Library Card
Click here for more information about getting a library card: cbcpl.net/about/connect, under Get A Library Card.
If you live outside the library service district, and would like to purchase a library card for $120 per year, please call us at 541-766-6448.
Using Your Library Card
- There are no late fines, however, we charge for lost or damaged items. If you owe $10.00 or more on your account you will not be able to use your card until that total is brought down to under $10.00.
- Library materials will have a 3-week check-out period, with 3-week renewal periods.
- Most items can be renewed up to 5 times, unless they have holds. (Magazines, Maker Kits, STEAM Kits, Launchpads have 1 renewal, while DVDs, air quality monitors, kill-a-watt devices and videogames have 2 renewals.)
- Items may be returned to any Corvallis-Benton County Public Library location. Bookdrops are open 24 hours.
Click here for more key points about using your card: cbcpl.net/about/information, under Checking Out Materials.