Tax Assistance

The AARP Foundation Tax-Aide tax preparation service has been suspended until further notice. The AARP Tax Assistance info line is 541-602-5829.

Follow this link to learn more about the Tax Assistance program.

You can estimate your withholding with the IRS Tax Withholding Estimator.

We have a limited number federal forms at the library, and no state forms.

The IRS will not be mailing out forms to individuals who filed via paper last year. You can order paper forms sent to you in the mail. See the box below for information.

We also have public computers where you can print forms. Printing costs $0.10 per page.  We will have reproducible forms and instructions.  These have not arrived yet.

OSU’s Valley Library will have some of the more popular tax forms and publications available to the public in their main lobby.

The Corvallis Post Office will not have any tax forms or publications.

How to order federal tax forms and instructions, mailed to you from the IRS:

How to order state tax forms and instructions, mailed to you from the Oregon Department of Revenue:

  • Phone 1-800-356-4222
  • Email
  • Write to: Forms, Oregon Department of Revenue, PO Box 14999, Salem OR 97301-2555
  • “Include your name, phone number, mailing address, and which forms you need.”

Get help from the IRS:

  • By telephone
  • Face-to-face at a local office
  • Local taxpayer advocate service (“If you have an ongoing issue with the IRS that has not been resolved through normal processes, or you have suffered, or are about to suffer a significant hardship/economic burden as a result of the administration of the tax laws (credit deyanira here).”)
Get help from the State of Oregon via Taxpayer Assistance.
Use this link to find tax forms for other states.
Beginning in tax year 2011, all full-year Oregon residents will use Oregon Form 40. There is no longer an Oregon Form 40S. This means that all Oregon filers will need to include a federal form when they file.

Tax Forms

You can find 2019 forms and tax tables online. Below are links to some of the most commonly requested forms.

1099 forms are available for purchase at Office Max

Federal (IRS):

Starting Tax Year 2018, you will no longer use Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ, but instead will use the redesigned Form 1040. Many people will only need to file Form 1040 and no schedules.

You can find more information about the redesigned Form 1040 on the About Form 1040 webpage. Find all the IRS forms at their main forms page, and any schedules on their Schedules for Form 1040 page.

Forms can also be ordered via US Mail through this link.

1040-SR: Form | Instructions

1040-A: No longer used.

1040-EZ: No longer used

4868 (Automatic Extension of Time to File): Form

1040 Schedules

Schedule A: Itemized Deductions
Form | Instructions

Schedule B: Interest & Ordinary Dividends
Form | Instructions

Schedule C: Profit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship)
Form | Instructions

Schedule D: Capital Gains & Losses
Form | Instructions

Publication 17: Tax Guide for Individuals (2019)

State (Oregon):

Find all the Oregon forms at their main forms page.

Request paper copies online here.

40: Form 40P: Form

Payment voucher

OR Pub 17

Automatic Extension of Time to File: Instructions and form

Find out if you need to file Here