We are currently looking for event volunteers to help with ongoing Youth Services events.
Please note that volunteer needs change throughout the year and we do not always have a position available.
Each year, more than 300 dedicated community members give over 14,000 hours to the library. They generously contribute their time, skills, and talents to help the library provide materials and services to the City of Corvallis and Benton County. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
In order to volunteer, you must:
- Be at least 14 years old;
- Be able to pass a background check for ages 18 and older;
- Like people and books;
- Make a commitment to work at least 6 months; and
- Enjoy the quiet hard work that goes into making library materials, programs, and services available for all!
How to Apply
- Ages 18 & older, fill out the Volunteer Application Form.
- Ages 14-17, fill out the Youth Volunteer Application Form. Please note, applicants under age 14 will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- If there are current openings that match your interests, the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you for a brief interview.
- If you are selected to become a volunteer, you will be placed and begin training, usually within three weeks.
- If an opening is not currently available, your application and interests will be noted, and we will contact you as positions become available.
At the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library, we strive to provide a meaningful and enjoyable volunteer experience for those who wish to share their time and skills with us. Thank you for your interest in supporting the Library!
For more information, contact:
Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
645 NW Monroe Ave.
Corvallis, OR, 97330