Read 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
For a fun, free way to help prepare children for Kindergarten, track the number of books you read together either on paper logs or through the app, with prizes at the 500- and 1,000-book milestones. Sharing just one book a day gives your child the building blocks for lifelong success!
Want to get started? Here are your options:
- Request a Starter Packet at your library branch, or ask that it get delivered to you if you live in Benton County.
- Download the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten app from Google Play or the App Store.
Instructions for Participation:
For Paper Reading Logs:
- Cross off, color in, or attach a sticker to a circle for each book read. It’s ok to count a favorite book read more than once.
- For every 100 books read, you can reward your child with a sticker that we provide with your starter packet, or you can choose to reward your child in your own way.
For the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten App:
- Download the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten App (in the App Store or on Google Play) for your mobile device or PC.
- Add each child as a reader, and follow prompts to log each book you read together.
- For every 100 books read, consider giving your child a small reward like a sticker, for example.
To Request Prizes for 500 and 1,000 Books Read:
- When you reach the 500 books read milestone, either on the paper logs or on the app, you can stop by a branch or fill out a form on our website and receive a free book for your child. One book per child.
- When you have read 1,000 books together, you can either stop by any branch or fill out a form on our website to receive a certificate and a free animal backpack for your child. You can also get your child’s photo posted in the library, if you like! Please see contact information below.
Questions? Contact: Peikfirstname.lastname@example.org / 541-766-6481
Click here for Locations and hours for each branch library.
Click here to sign up for Delivery services.
Need Book Suggestions?
If you have a few minutes, please fill out a quick evaluation form & let us know what you think of this program! We’d love to hear from you!
Leer 1,000 libros antes de Kindergarten
¡Compartir solo un libro cada día le da a su niño las fundamentales para exitoso en su vida!
Venga a la biblioteca para obtener su propio diario de lectura gratis. Cada vez Uds. Leen y marcan en su diario 100 libros, regresan para uno otro. ¡Una sorpresa especial va a darles cuando Uds. Leen 100, 500, y 1,000 libros!