Read 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Sharing just one book a day gives your child the building blocks for lifelong success! You’ll receive a prize at the 500 and 1000 books milestones!
Special Live Storytime Kick-Off Event!
Join Early Literacy Coordinator, Peik-Kuan, on Monday, October 12th at 10:30 am for a Facebook Live Storytime to celebrate the relaunch of the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program! If you missed the live event, you can now watch the recorded storytime here.
Want to get started?
Request a Starter Pack to participate using paper logs. A special surprise will be given out when you have read 500 and 1000 books!
Participate Online with the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Challenge on Beanstack!
Check out the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Challenge on Beanstack and earn badges as you share books with your child!
Instructions for Participation:
For Paper Reading Logs:
- Request and pick up a Starter Pack during walk-up service hours at your library branch, or make a request and have it delivered through our delivery services if you live in Benton County. Please see links below.
- Cross off, color in, or attach a sticker to a circle for each book read. It’s ok to count a favorite book read more than once.
- For every 100 books completed, you can reward your child with a sticker that we provide with your reading log request packet, or you can choose to reward your child in your own way.
- When you complete 500 books, you can either contact us or fill out a form on our website to receive a free book for your child. One book per child.
- When you complete 1000 books, you can either contact us or fill out a form on our website to receive a certificate and a free animal backpack for your child. If you would like to have a picture of your child posted on our library walls in the youth area, please email us a picture of your child holding their certificate with their first name filled in. Please see contact information below.
For Beanstack App:
- Download the Beanstack app (in the App Store or on Google Play) for your mobile device or PC, or you can access it through our website at cbcpl.net/1000books.
- Once inside Beanstack, click on the blue “+” sign to log your reading. Follow the prompts to enter and save the book, and then click on “quick log as complete” to have the book counted.
- For every 100 books logged, your child will earn a virtual badge.
- When 500 books have been logged, you will be asked to fill out a form through a link to request a free book as a reward for your child.
- When 1000 books have been completed, you will be asked to fill out another form through a link to request a certificate and a free animal backpack for your child. If you would like to have a picture of your child posted on our library walls in the youth area once your child has completed 1000 books, please email us a picture of your child holding their certificate with their first name filled in. Please see contact information below.
Questions? Contact: Peikfirstname.lastname@example.org / 541-766-6481
Walk-Up service hours for each branch library.
Need Book Suggestions?
- 100 Picture Books
- 100 libros favoritos
- Subscribe to the monthly Picture Books email.
- Fill out a Personalized Picks request form.
If you have a few minutes, please fill out a quick evaluation form & let us know what you think of this program! We’d love to hear from you!
Leer 1,000 libros antes de Kindergarten
¡Compartir solo un libro cada día le da a su niño las fundamentales para exitoso en su vida!
Venga a la biblioteca para obtener su propio diario de lectura gratis. Cada vez Uds. Leen y marcan en su diario 100 libros, regresan para uno otro. ¡Una sorpresa especial va a darles cuando Uds. Leen 100, 500, y 1,000 libros!